1. Closing the Food Gap: Resetting the Table in the Land of Plenty
NO Pre-Registration Required!
What: Free public lecture open to the community, followed by reception and book-signing.
Who: Author MARK WINNE, national expert on developing local food systems and food policy
When: Monday, September 29th, 5:00 pm
Where: Campbell Hall (Room 153), School of Architecture, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
Parking: Culbreth Road Garage
Books Available at Venue
2. Food Policy Council Workshop
Pre-Registration IS Required For This!Contact Meghan Bucknum at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 434.924.0263
What: Free workshop open to all Virginians who are working on or interested in establishing a food policy council – local, regional or state.
Format: Opening presentation by MARK WINNE, national expert on food policy councils, followed by participant workshop.
When: Monday, September 29th, 10:00–3:00 (lunch provided)
Where: Virginia Dept of Forestry, 900 Natural Resources Drive, Charlottesville, 22903.
WITH GREAT THANKS TO THE SPONSORS!
* UVa’s Center for Global Health
* Dept of Urban and Environmental Planning
* Virginia Farm Bureau Federation
* The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank Network
* Virginia Cooperative Extension
* Darden Business School
* Piedmont Environmental Council
* Virginia Association for Biological Farming
* The Baldwin Center for Preservation Development
* Pfizer Initiative in International Health
* VA Foundation for Agriculture Innovation and Rural Sustainability
Tanya Denckla CobbAssociate DirectorInstitute for Environmental Negotiation
University of Virginia
104 Emmet Street North
Charlottesville VA 22903434.924.1855